Seattle Deportation Attorney
Defending Clients during Removal Proceedings
Facing removal from the United States is a situation no immigrant wishes to be in. Whether you have documentation or not, appearing before an immigration court for removal proceedings requires experienced legal representation to help you achieve the best possible outcome. If you have recently received a notice to appear, reach out to Thorley Defense Law for help.
Rebecca Thorley of Thorley Defense Law provides immigration clients with the dedicated legal support they need to defend against removal and deportation. Rebecca deeply cares about her clients and approaches each case with the unique attention it needs to keep optimal results possible. Although no attorney can guarantee results, Rebecca knows that personalized legal service can often help clients achieve agreeable outcomes – even for the most difficult legal situations.
If you would like to learn more about Rebecca and how she can be the deportation attorney in Seattle you need, get in touch with our firm today.
Defenses to Removal of an Immigrant to the U.S.
Undocumented immigrants are commonly defendants in removal proceedings, but those with expired visas or who violated the terms of their visa can also face formal removal from the U.S.
Whether you are an undocumented immigrant or not, there are several ways to defend against removal:
- File for a Cancellation of Removal Proceedings for Permanent Residents (green card holders)
- File for a Cancellation of Removal Proceedings for Non-Legal Permanent Residents (physically present in the U.S. for at least 10 continuous years before removal proceedings began)
- Apply for an Adjustment of Status if a visa-holder qualifies for a green card
- Declare asylum if in the U.S. as a result of persecution or fear of persecution
- Filing Waivers, which can forgive certain instances of fraud committed in order to enter the U.S. or obtain a green card, certain criminal convictions, and other offenses
No matter why you are receiving a notice to appear for removal proceedings, there’s likely a way that Rebecca Thorley of Thorley Defense Law can help you defend your residency in the U.S. As a deportation attorney in Seattle, Rebecca has helped many clients achieve success when going up against removal proceedings in immigration court. She can help you fight for your right to remain in the country to support your family and build a better life.
Why Do People End Up in Removal Proceedings?
There are many reasons why people find themselves in removal proceedings, some of which include the following:
- Living in the U.S. without documentation
- Overstaying on an expired visa
- Committing marriage fraud
- Voting in a U.S. election illegally
- Failing to renew a green card on time
- Fleeing an immigration checkpoint
- Committing drug crimes
- Smuggling undocumented immigrants into the U.S.
- Committing a felony or a certain misdemeanor
- Failing to register as a sex offender
As you can see, many of these reasons are criminal while others are more technical in their nature. Regardless, the U.S. immigration services will treat any reason for removal seriously. This is why you need the best possible legal representation you can find whether you’re defending against removal for a criminal conviction or an honest mistake.
Why Choose Thorley Defense Law?
If you need a deportation attorney in Seattle, Rebecca Thorley at Thorley Defense Law can help. Clients choose our firm because of our personalized and responsive service, aggressive advocacy, and caring counsel.
You can expect Rebecca to leverage all available opportunities to help you reach a favorable outcome. She is a proactive advocate for her clients, which means their interests and goals always inform and drive her work as an attorney.
Learn more about working with Thorley Defense Law by scheduling a consultation with us today. Get in touch by contacting us online!